🌱 Three Village Daily: Cryptocurrency Webinar at the Local Library
Happy Monday neighbours! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening locally today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Becoming cloudy and cold. High: 31, low: 27.
Here are the top 5 Three Village stories today:
- Learn all about cryptocurrencies at the Emma Clark Memorial Library. What is Crypto? Is it safe? Should I invest? Your questions will be answered on January 27 at 6:30 p.m. Click here to register. (Emma C Memorial Library.)
- BJ’s Wholesale Club and Walmart on Nesconset Highway in East Setauket reported merchandise thefts this month. Reports were made between January 9 and 10. No arrests have been made and the cases continue to be investigated. (NEWS)
- The Port Jefferson Free Library has been nominated as one of America’s Featured Libraries for 2021. The good news was shared by the Library Journal. (tbrnewsmedia.com)
- Long Island Winter Restaurant Week has begun! Many restaurants are participating this year, offering fixed price menus. Local businesses have been hit hard by the pandemic, so support them by participating in ordering from a restaurant near you. (LI News 12)
- Are you up for winter hiking? Hike through the reserve; walk along the river to the fish hatchery in Lakeland County Park. Click here for more information on hiking groups and events. (LongIsland.com)
Today Three Village Daily is brought to you in part through Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez Loan Officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
- “Come early. And come hungry. Because these breakfast sandwiches are huge.
Starving men. Bacon, egg and cheeses. Even iconic creations, such as The Spicy President (i.e. three scrambled or fried eggs, bacon, cherry peppers, chipotle mayonnaise and pepper jack on one hero). You can also create your breakfast hero.” (Greater Long Island)
- Stony Brook Athletics: “UAlbany Women’s Hoop Tops in Empire Clash.” (Facebook)
- Stony Brook Athletics: “Five scores double digits as men’s basketball moves to three-game winning streak with Win Over UAlbany.” (Facebook)
- Sandy Dayton, neighbor: “Can someone explain the Life Skills course given to students at Commack High School, it’s a 6 year non-diploma program. How do these kids get jobs in the future and who knows any kids who passed a GED after completing this course?” (Patch)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- FREE WEBINAR | “The Splendors of Venice” Presented by Dr. Rocky Ruggiero. (25 Jan)
- Join Mather Hospital for a HealthyU Online seminar On heart care. (February 1st)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
Do you like the Three Village Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Alright, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Debora WhiteHead