CBSE to Launch Free Online Teacher Training Programs: Application and Course Details
The Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) is set to launch free online teacher training programs that will help teachers understand how they can improve their teaching methods and get feedback on teaching results. learning.
The CBSE teacher training programs will be completely free and teachers will not have to pay any fees. Additionally, teachers will receive electronic certificates after completing these online courses, the CBSE informed in an official notification issued on May 5.
Teacher education programs will be delivered by the many Centers of Excellence (CoE) of the CBSE.
“It is clear that this pandemic has completely disrupted an education system that many believed was already losing its relevance,” the official notification from the CBSE reads.
“Enhancing professional development digitally is a need in times of Covid-19, where social distancing and remote interactions are the new norm,” he added.
Details of Free Online Teacher Training Programs by CBSE
“Each online training session will last for one hour; there will be no participation fee; an electronic certificate will be issued to participants; participation in five sessions can be considered as one training day in accordance with the regulations of affiliation,” the official said. CBSE notification.
- The online teacher training courses will consist of several sessions, one session lasting one hour.
- Taking five sessions will count as one day of teacher training courses.
- Around 1200 online sessions are planned by the CoEs in May 2020.
- CBSE teachers can view the detailed May 2020 training schedule for all CoEs via the official notification linked below.
Why did the CBSE launch the online teacher education programs?
During the third week of April 2020, CBSE conducted pilot teacher training programs where 15 CBSE Centers of Excellence delivered over 500 free online training sessions.
More than 35,000 teachers and principals from various parts of the country and abroad have participated in these programs, the notification says, and the council has received “overwhelming responses from participating faculty members and resource persons.”
The three objectives of the CBSE online teacher training programs, as described in the official notification, are:
1. Enable teachers to teach better and improve learning outcomes.
2. Continually impart new knowledge and skills as requested to keep them up to expectations.
3. Help teachers revise and refresh the knowledge that has already been provided to them in their regular training and make it sharper and more practical.
CBSE Online Teacher Training Participation Guidelines
Here are the guidelines for participating in the CBSE Online Teacher Training Program as per the official notification:
- Contact the relevant Center of Excellence (CoE) for registration
- The CoE will send an invitation email to registered participants on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Upon receipt of the invitation link for the online session, please click on the YES button.
- Do not share the invitation link with other people.
- Please stay logged in with the same email you registered for the session (on computer/smartphone), then join the online session by clicking on the INVITATION LINK.
- Please join the session by clicking the Join Meeting/Join Now button. Do not click on the PRESENT button, it is for the presenter, ie the resource person.
- Make sure your microphone is muted and the camera is in OFF state before joining the online session.
- Check that your earphone/headset is connected and working properly, otherwise you will not be able to hear the resource person’s instructions correctly.
- Please make sure your microphone is muted during the session and follow the instructions given by the resource person.
- Please use CHAT BOX to ask questions or respond to any queries made by the contact person.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THE CONTACT PERSON SCREEN IS STILL PINNED. PLACE YOUR CURSOR ON THE CONTACT PERSON SCREEN, CLICK ON THE PIN BUTTON.
- If you are having trouble viewing the screen correctly or are having difficulty, please exit the session and rejoin it by clicking Join Meeting/Join Now.
- All participants are requested to complete the participation and comments form before leaving the session. The link of it will be shared in the chat box during the live session.
- Participants must attend the entire session to be eligible for the electronic certificate.
How to Apply for CBSE Online Teacher Training Courses
Interested CBSE schools have been invited to encourage their teachers to participate by contacting the relevant Centers of Excellence (contact list provided below).
Foreign schools affiliated with the CBSE can contact the Joint Secretary (Training), CBSE at email@example.com.
Check the full CBSE notification here.
Read: CBSE Board of Trustees Assessment from May 10, 1.5 cr answer sheets to be delivered to teachers’ homes
Read: CBSE paper valuation will soon resume in lockdown, official says
Read: CBSE board exams pending in July for 29 subjects only: what about CBSE board exam dates by subject?
Read: CBSE Board Exam 2020 new dates for North East Delhi coming soon: Check Important CBSE Updates Here
Read: New CBSE board exam dates for remaining exams in 2 days: HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal
Read: CBSE Class 10 Board exams suspended except for NE Delhi: HRD Minister
Read: 5 CBSE Secretary Anurag Tripathy CBSE Board Exam Updates Every Student Must Check